Funding Available for Ministry with the Poor, Training
The Western PA Conference Poverty Team has funding available to help congregations or groups develop or expand ministry with the poor and to assist individuals with the cost of training to do ministry with the poor.
Grants are offered to
Grants are offered toassist congregations or groups with new or existing ministries with the poor in local communities. Preference will be given to:
- Start-up funding for new ministries with the poor in local churches.
- Expansion funding for existing ministries with the poor in local churches.
- Ecumenical ministries with a strong United Methodist involvement.
Download Poverty Project Grant Application. Applications are reviewed quarterly: March, June, September, and December. They can be submitted at any time.
The second funding program will provide individuals -- clergy or laity--with a subsidy to attend poverty-related training events. The Poverty Team will provide up to $200 per person for these events. To be eligible, an individual must:
- Be an active member of a United Methodist Congregation.
- Attend one Poverty Team meeting and report how the funds were used.
- Make a commitment to share your learning through articles, advocacy efforts, workshops or presentations to congregations or United Methodist groups
The Appplication for Training Subsidy is also available for download.
Contact Glenna Wilson at email@example.com for more information.
The WPAUMC Poverty Team has developed a comprehensive directory of opportunities, ideas and resources to help congregations become involved in ministries with the poor. To read or download the Poverty Directory, click here.