Second Annual Mosquito Run to Fight Malaria
Malaria is a deadly, but preventable,treatable and beatable disease that kills more than 500,000 people each year. Ninety percent of these deaths occur in sub-Saharan Africa.
The United Methodist Church has committed to raising $75 million over three years to change these statistics through Imagine No Malaria (INM).
INM is a movement to make real change in the world. In cities and villages across Africa, the United Methodist church is working to bring hope to the hopeless and empower the powerless.
Achieving a sustainable victory over malaria means providing prevention, education, communication and treatment.
Second Annual Mosquito Run
- 5K Walk and Run and 5 Mile Run
- Start Time - 8:00am
- 5K Walk/Run (3.1 miles) - A designated course along the perimeter of North Park Lake
- 5 mile run around the lake area loop
- Race Day registration begins 6:30am and ends at 7:45am
- Water and cool down stations will be available throughout the course and at selected mile markers
- The top three overall male and female finishers in the event will receive awards. No duplication of awards; top three overall finishers are not eligible for the age group awards
- Computer chip timing by Runners High. Chips MUST be returned at the finish line. $20 replacement cost
- Pre-race packet pick-up: Thursday, August 16 at Elite Runners and Walkers, 5992 Steubenville Pike, McKees Rocks, 15136
Event Early Late Almost too Late
by 8/3 Race Day
5K Walk $25 $30 $35
5K Run $30 $35 $40
5 Mile $35 $40 $45
Children under 10 Free!
T-Shirt not guaranteed after August 3
Download the brochure